Well, I haven't done any weaving on a loom for such a long, so I made this one using a sturdy show box, and used linenthread and sari ribbon strips, as you can see I made the classic mistake of pulling the sides in. I had better doing some research as I no longer have any weaving book. Cheers
I had some fun this month making fabric coiled bowls while watching the afternoon movies with my beloved husband. This has become a routine, where we stop what we are doing have lunch and watch a movie. Very cosy
The theme for the FifteenbyFifteen Quilt group for February/March was Contrast. Ihave always wanted to depict the contrast of the brillaint blue skies of the Outback to the red earth. I took a photograph of Siller's Lookout in the Flinders Ranges, South Australia as my inspiration.
I used commercial fabrics and embellished with hand embroidery.
Medium: Burlap background, rusted fabric with Shiva stick stencil. Mounted on poster-board.
Medium: Shibori hand dyed raw silk, free motion embroidery. Mounted on poster-board.
Medium: Hand dyed silk, silver and gold foil, hand embroidered in red thread (fly-stitch). Mounted on poster-board.
[caption id="350" align="aligncenter" width="454"] Shattering of the Cosmos[/caption]
This piece is 14 x 14 cm in contrast to the 15 x 15 cm size of the previous three.
Medium: Fabric stiffened with watered down PVA glue, painted with gesso then painted with black ink with coarse salt sprinkled on top. Embellished with shell, crystals and hand dyed scrim.
The theme for the FifteenbyFifteen Quilt group for November/January was Rhythm. I had a false start with my first design and managed to ruin the top when I went to add gold foil. So I used a design I had designed a few months earlier for a digital challenge.
I used hand dyed silk and embellished with hand embroidery to depict the phases of the moon.
Last month I dyed silk using leaves from my eucalyptus tree and rose bushes, one pot I used had some rust so I have a dark grey piece, and the other pot was stainless steel so I got my light golden browns. I cut a panel from the first piece of silk and placed an off center panel on the other piece and then hand stitched around the leaf shapes. I add some leaves made from organza and silk.
My intent was to convey the concept of leaves falling to the ground and becoming leave litter and finally decomposing.